Thank you for your interest in volunteering at this year’s Winthrop Rhythm and Blues Festival! If you are looking to donate some of your time to help us make this year’s festival a success you are in the right place. For volunteering 10 hours of your time you will receive free admission to the festival, camping (tent spots only) if needed, and a Volunteer Official Festival T Shirt.
Submit your application as soon as possible – volunteer spots are awarded on a first come first serve basis. Submitting your application does not guarantee you a spot. You will be notified as soon as your shifts have been scheduled around mid-June.
- You agree to abide by the rules of the festival
- You understand that you are representing the festival and agree to conduct yourself in a responsible and dignified manner at all times
- You agree not to hold the festival or anyone involved with the festival responsible for any injury or illness that happens during the festival event
- You agree to abide by and follow all festival COVID-19 protocols in place at the time of the festival including wearing a mask if required
- Must be 18 years or older to volunteer, and 21 years old or older to work in the beer garden
- You will need to provide picture ID
- You agree to complete all of your assigned shifts including all duties assigned to you by festival staff
- Volunteers will wear their festival T-shirt during all volunteer activities
- Used of alcohol or drugs is not permitted while on shift or while wearing your volunteer t-shirt
- For your safety close-toed shoes must be worn during volunteer shifts
Terms & Conditions:
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Winthrop Rhythm & Blues Festival volunteer. By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate. I recognize that, as a volunteer, I represent Winthrop Music Association to the public. I accept the responsibility for this status and will conduct myself in a professional manner. I will be clean and sober when conducting business as a representative of Winthrop Music Association.
If I am accepted as a volunteer, I agree to the following:
- To satisfactorily complete my scheduled shifts.
- To arrive on time to my scheduled shifts.
- At NO TIME be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during my shifts.
- To be an ambassador of good will for the festival and to treat festival patrons with respect and courtesy.
If my volunteer service includes driving an automobile, I acknowledge that I have both a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance policy as required by state law. I agree to maintain my license and insurance in good standing for my entire tenure as a volunteer for the organization. I am knowledgeable of and agree to abide by local and state traffic laws. I agree not to drive while under the influence of alcohol and/or other intoxicating substances.
I understand if I fail to meet any of the above requirements it may result in the forfeiture of my festival pass.
If I am accepted as a volunteer and assigned shifts, I agree to notify the volunteer coordinator no later than July 1, 2022 if I find I am unable to participate.
I understand that neither the Winthrop Music Association nor any of its officers, employees, or volunteers shall be held liable for any claims seeking damages for personal injury or property damage that may arise out of my participation as a volunteer for the festival. I also agree to indemnify the Winthrop Music Association, its officers, employees, volunteers and the Town of Winthrop harmless on account of any such claims.